Experience tells us that every pet we work on must have an opportunity to relax during the grooming process. If we worked on your pet nonstop for an hour and a half to two hours, your pet would be very stressed. This is not healthy for your pet and not safe for us as groomers. Therefore we break down the grooming process in 6 steps and your pet will have an opportunity to take a little rest break for five or 10 min. in between these steps:
1) your pet is brought in and assessed , details marked down.
2) your pet is placed on the grooming table and what we call: “roughed in”, this is where we take off all the excess hair, prior to bathing, to prevent us from having to dry that hair after a bath and then cut it off later.
3) the bathing process: we select the correct shampoo for your pet and give it a nice massaging spray and hand bath with fresh clean water set at just the right temperature. We do not use the Hydro surge process, since that uses recycled water. While in the tub, your pets anal glands are checked to make sure there is no problem. When necessary, we will express them externally.
4) Blowdry and complete comb out . We hand dry and thoroughly brush and line comb all pets. We never use cage dryers to completely dry your pet. We do occasionally place a fan on the pet during a break period. For instance when the weather is hot, we may use a cooling fan, if the weather is cold we may use a slightly warming fan. Comfort of the pet is of great importance to us.
5) your pets ears will be checked and if needed cleaned, your pets nails will be clipped or filed ( dremelled)
6) the finishing groom is the last step in the process. Whatever styling or trimming your pet requires to make it look and feel fantastic.